Photographic Collections That Inspire for Various Reasons

Photographic Collections That Inspire for Various Reasons

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nail Art - Water Marbling and Swirls


Now, for my first entry I imaged that I would go with something near and dear to my heart; something with which I hold a deep interest.  Not quite.

I've only recently taken an interest in painted nails and manicures.  However, there is one technique that I find quite interesting: water marbling.  The desired effect is achieved by adding drips of nail polish into the surface of a cup of water one at a time, swirl them together, dip your nail, and viola!  All of the images above except for three of them are this technique.  

As I said, they're not all done using water marbling, but I find them all appealing.  1 and 10 were done free-handed and 8 is a stamped effect.  I am mostly attracted to the blending, layering and swirling of colors and not so much the method in which they were applied.  The water marbling just seems to combine them together the most seamlessly. 

If you have any further questions about techniques, brands and/or applications I can most likely answer them so please feel free to ask!

Sources

No comments:

Post a Comment